TV Chef Shantha Mayadunne and her daughter Nisanga have been two of the 207 individuals killed in a horrific assault on Sri Lanka on April 21.
Sri Lanka was devastated on Easter Sunday when its resorts and church buildings have been attacked, the BBC reported. One of many lots of who’ve been reported to be killed was TV Chef Shantha Mayadunne. Be taught 5 issues to know in regards to the chef whose life was taken far too quickly, beneath.
1. Shantha Mayadunne died throughout an assault on Sri Lanka. Shantha and her household stayed on the Shangri-La lodge, which is within the capital Colombo, and was one of many resorts attacked on April 21, in accordance with The Mirror.
2. Shantha had a daughter, named Nisanga Mayadunne, who was killed on the lodge as nicely. The 2 have been consuming Easter breakfast collectively once they have been killed, in accordance with Gulf Information. Nisanga, who was round 30 years outdated in accordance with the Normal, reportedly studied on the College of London. “Nilanga was a extremely popular lady in faculty,” Radha Fonseca, 34, a pal of Nisanga’s, instructed Gulf Information. “Apart from the truth that she was vibrant and good, her mom Shantha Mayadume, a famend chef, made her extra fashionable in faculty. [Shantha] was well-respected and an inspirational chef for Sri Lankans.” Radha added, “Future has taken away each of them. I’m devastated.”
3. Shantha had been within the culinary discipline for 30 years. Shantha was the primary chef to have a dwell tv cooking present in Sri Lanka in accordance with her web site – she did this on the Impartial Tv Community. Shantha was recognized in Sri Lanka for her “fast and straightforward cooking.” She ran the Shantha Mayadunne College of Cooking Artwork, by which she taught newbie’s courses, cake-decorating programs, and workshops to learn to cook dinner Chinese language and Indian meals.
4. Shantha realized cooking methods around the globe. The Sri Lankan chef studied in Australia, Singapore, Thailand, India, the UK, and held an Superior Diploma from the Wilton College of Cake Making and Adorning in Chicago.
5. The chef revealed two cookbooks. Her first, “Rasa Bojun,” got here out in 2001, and her second, “Rasa Bojun – 2,” was launched in 2005.
Our ideas are with Shantha and Nisanga’s family and friends, in addition to the lots of extra affected by the assault.