Saul Loeb / AFP / Getty Pictures
Fifteen Democrats voted in opposition to Home Minority Chief Nancy Pelosi for Speaker of the Home Thursday afternoon, regardless of her name for a united vote all through her celebration.
1. New York Rep. Anthony Brindisi voted for former Vice President Joe Biden.
2. Tennessee Rep. Jim Cooper voted “current.”
3. Colorado Rep. Jason Crow voted for Illinois Democratic Sen. Tammy Duckworth.
4. South Carolina Rep. Joe Cunningham voted for Illinois Democratic Rep. Cheri Bustos.
TRENDING: White Home Press Deputy Lashes Out After CNN Assaults Trump Oval Workplace Declare
5. Maine Rep. Jared Golde voted for Illinois Democratic Rep. Cheri Bustos.
6. Ron Type voted for Georgia Democratic Rep. John Lewis.
7. Georgia Democratic Rep. Conor Lamb voted for Massachusetts Democratic Rep. Joe Kennedy.
8. Utah Democratic Rep. Ben McAdams voted for Democratic Florida Rep. Stephanie Murphy.
Do you assume Pelosi was the fallacious selection?
9. New York Democratic Rep. Kathleen Rice voted for Democratic Georgia gubernatorial nominee Stacey Abrams.
10. New York Democratic Rep. Max Rose voted for Illinois Democratic Sen. Tammy Duckworth.
11. Oregon Democratic Rep. Kurt Schrader voted for Ohio Democratic Rep. Marcia Fudge.
12. New Jersey Democratic Rep. Mikie Sherrill voted for Illinois Democratic Rep. Cheri Bustos.
13. Virginia Democratic Rep. Abigail Spanberger voted for Illinois Democratic Rep. Cheri Bustos.
14. Michigan Democratic Rep. Elissa Slotkin voted “current.”
15. New Jersey Democratic Rep. Jeff Van Drew voted “current.”
The “current” vote makes it so the congressman can be opting to not vote for any member within the Home — members weren’t allowed to vote “no” because it was not an possibility. Two different members voted “current” in the course of the Home vote for speaker. They included Cooper and Slotkin, bringing the tally to 3, earlier than receiving sufficient votes to grow to be Speaker of the 116th Congress.
Pelosi wrote a letter in late December to her Democratic colleagues in Congress asking for your complete celebration to get behind one member for Home speaker earlier than they voted. Pelosi pushed to reclaim the seat, regardless of pushback from practically 20 Democratic members within the Home.
With the federal government partially shut down, Pelosi should determine how you can work with Republicans on a compromise for the border wall, though she has vehemently opposed it, calling it “immoral, ineffective and costly.”
Content material created by The Every day Caller Information Basis is offered with out cost to any eligible information writer that may present a big viewers. For licensing alternatives of our unique content material, please contact email@example.com.
A model of this text appeared on The Every day Caller Information Basis web site.
We’re dedicated to fact and accuracy in all of our journalism. Learn our editorial requirements.