Author and director Max Landis has been accused of doing ‘horrific and inhumane issues’ by his ex-girlfriend, actress Whitney Moore. Be taught extra about Max, and the allegations, right here.
Whitney Moore has come ahead with surprising allegations about her ex-boyfriend, Max Landis. The actress wrote a completely heartbreaking put up on Twitter, through which she defined that, though she defended Max up to now, she felt it was lastly time to return ahead about the way in which he’s allegedly been “hurting folks behind closed doorways.” This isn’t the primary time accusations like this have been hurled at Max — in Dec. 2017, a number of girls claimed that he had a historical past of sexual misconduct on Twitter. When his profession started taking off at first of 2019, the allegations resurfaced. Right here’s extra to know:
1. Right here’s what Whitney’s assertion on Twitter stated. “I by no means thought I might say something publicly concerning the issues Max Landis did to me as a result of I believed that forgiveness was the proper solution to heal,” Whitney wrote on Twitter. “I even defended him, for thus lengthy, as a result of I actually believed he was getting higher and that the methods he tortured me was remoted to our relationship. I assumed there was no level in sharing the horrific, inhumane issues he did to me as a result of publicly condemning somebody who’s engaged on themselves is unproductive.”
“Now I do know that this was a lie; he by no means bought any higher,” Whitney added. “He hid behind his friendship with me and a number of other different good folks so he may proceed hurting folks behind closed doorways and never be questioned.” One in every of her followers requested her if she was okay. She responded in a tweet, “SO good. Residing my life and surrounded by individuals who love me.”
2. An nameless lady, recognized solely as The Color Society Reject, made related accusations about Max in a now-deleted put up for ‘Medium’ in 2019. Within the put up, reported on by a number of retailers on the time, the nameless lady described a visit she took with Max, a buddy, to California a number of “years in the past.” Whereas on the journey, she stated that Max allegedly tried to forcefully provoke intercourse whereas she was intoxicated, regardless of her repeatedly telling him, “This can be a actually unhealthy thought. Cease. Please, no, it is a actually unhealthy thought. No, cease.” Finally, the creator stated she “went limp and pretended to go out,” and Max then “bought off of me and rolled over, after which he fell asleep spooning me.”
The creator stated that she remained mates with Max “for a while” after the alleged incident. She additionally included screenshots of Fb conversations between herself and Max through which they mentioned the alleged incident. Max stated that he believed they had been solely “wrestling,” and described it as “maxing half a transfer, and getting [his] alerts actually crossed.” Greater than ten folks have now accused Max of sexual misconduct within the final yr and a half.
3. He’s the son of famed director John Landis. John, 68, is a prolific director greatest identified for movies like Animal Home, The Blues Brothers, An American Werewolf in London, and Coming to America. He additionally wrote Michael Jackson‘s iconic “Thriller” music video.
4. He’s the author and director of a number of high-profile movies and comedian books. Max wrote movies like Me Him Her, which he additionally directed, Victor Frankenstein, Mr. Proper, Brilliant and extra. He’s additionally a credited author on tv reveals like Masters of Horror and Channel Zero, and comedian books like Superman: American Alien and Inexperienced Valley.
5. He’s admitted to psychological well being points. Max beforehand confirmed to Buzzfeed that he suffers from Cyclothymia, a illness which entails durations of signs of melancholy and hypomania.
HollywoodLife reached out to Max Landis’ rep for remark, however didn’t hear again as of press time.