A hearth is raging in Kihei, forcing some residents to flee to different elements of Maui. 1000’s of acres are burned to date in Kihei, a territory in Maui with a inhabitants of 20,000 as of the 2010 census. Listed below are the newest updates on the fireplace’s location, together with maps, evacuations, and shelters within the area. Particulars change quickly, so keep tuned to your native information for evacuation updates.
Kihei, Maui Fireplace Map & Measurement
The comb fireplace has burned 3,000 to 4,000 acres because it moved to north Kihei, Maui Information reported. Flames may very well be seen inside 100 yards of Maui Veterans Freeway on the afternoon of July 11. The fireplace was rising partly as a consequence of 15 to 20 mph winds.
You may see an interactive map under. You might have to reposition the map to see the main points and the legend, relying in your browser, or you’ll be able to simply go right here to see the total map.
An approximate location of the fireplace is under:
Evacuations, Shelters & Street Closures from the Fireplace
Evacuations have been ordered for the next areas, however keep tuned to native sources for the newest updates:
- North Kihei – Obligatory as of eight p.m., in response to Maui Information
- Maalaea – The evacuation was voluntary as of eight p.m., in response to Maui Information
- Together with Sugar Seaside, Kamalani subdivision, residences alongside Piilani Freeway
- Maui Humane Society evacuated to Maui Excessive
The next shelters are open, Maui Information reported.
- Kihei Group Middle – At 7:30 p.m. they reported 156 evacuees and 6 canine, per Maui Now.
- Battle Memorial Advanced – As of seven:30 p.m. th ey reported 70 evacuees, per Maui Now.
- Kamalii Elementary College – At capability with 450 folks as of Four p.m. on July 11
Right here’s a map to the Battle Memorial shelter:
Street closures, as of July 11, embrace (per Maui Information):
- North Kihei Street
- Maui Veterans Freeway, Kihei certain, from North Kihei and Hansen Street
- Hansen Street
- No entry into Kihei as of seven:30 p.m. (per Maui Now)
Smoke & Air High quality
Smoke has been heavy, inflicting air high quality to be poor as a result of fireplace. The smoke may very well be seen from Area, Hawaii Information Now reported.
As of Thursday evening, no accidents have been reported and no buildings have been destroyed.
How To Get Emergency Updates
For updates, name 270-7285 and ask to talk to an Emergency Operations Personnel.
As much as 3,000 to 4,000 folks have been evacuated to date.