The Yellow Bluff Fireplace close to Jacksonville, Florida continues to develop, and parts of I-95 are nonetheless shut down due to it. Learn on to see a map, pictures of the hearth, and extra particulars about the place it’s situated, together with different fires in Florida.
I-95 Shut Down Attributable to Yellow Bluff Fireplace (Site visitors Map Particulars)
The Yellow Bluff hearth is at the moment 450 acres and 30 p.c contained as of Thursday night time, News4Jax shared. A part of Interstate 95 north of Jacksonville continues to be closed in each instructions between State Street 200 and Pecan Park, Climate.com shared.
In accordance with News4Jax, as of eight p.m. on Thursday, Could 23, visitors was being rerouted to the next:
- I-95 southbound is being routed east on SR 200, south on US 17
- I-95 northbound is being detoured east on Pecan Park Street, north on US 17
The west fringe of the hearth is adjoining to I-95, and no buildings are at the moment in peril, Climate.com shared.
A part of I-95 had been at a standstill and detour routes had been clogged on Thursday night time. The freeway was shut down as a result of smoke made visibility very troublesome.
Listed here are tips about driving in low visibility on account of smoke:
An embeddable map of the hearth and visitors within the Jacksonville space isn’t accessible, however you possibly can see a stay visitors map from the Florida Freeway Patrol right here. The map reveals precisely the place the detours are set:
The hearth started Wednesday close to Yellow Bluff highway and US 17, with sturdy winds serving to the hearth develop, pushing it close to the Duval and Nassau county line. It’s at the moment contained to about 25 p.c, the Florida Forest Service shared. It’s not clear what began the hearth (which is definitely a fancy of a number of fires), however it appeared to start out close to prepare tracks which can be parallel to Foremost Avenue, News4Jax famous.
The video under explains easy methods to get across the detours:
Yellow Bluff & Different Fireplace Maps from Florida
A Google Disaster map is obtainable under, though it’s possible you’ll have to zoom into Florida for extra particulars. It reveals advisories, warning, and InciWeb wildfire data. As of the time of publication, the Yellow Bluff hearth wasn’t added to InciWeb, so it’s not displaying up on the Google Disaster map. Nonetheless, the smoke advisory related to the Yellow Bluff hearth is showing.
You’ll be able to see a wildfire dashboard of all the present energetic wildfires in Florida at this hyperlink. The map just isn’t embeddable, however here’s a screenshot as of Thursday night time:
One other map of the fires is obtainable right here. A screenshot of the map from Thursday night time is under. For fires are listed as energetic. The total record is 2 sections under this one.
Right here’s a more in-depth have a look at the placement of the Yellow Bluff Fireplace, which is the purple image on the map under:
One other interactive map is offered by the Florida Forest Service right here.
Right here is the place the smoke is predicted to be blowing from the hearth tomorrow:
The present dense smoke advisory for the area reads:
…DENSE SMOKE ADVISORY FOR INLAND DUVAL AND INLAND NASSAU COUNTIES IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT FRIDAY… The Nationwide Climate Service in Jacksonville has issued a Dense Smoke Advisory, which is in impact till 11 AM EDT Friday.
* VISIBILITIES…Visibilities can be decreased to 1 / 4 mile or much less tonight as winds steadily lower and the smoke settles to the bottom…close to and west of the Yellow Bluff Street wildfire.
* TIMING…After sundown tonight by means of Friday morning.
* IMPACTS…Thick smoke will make journey troublesome and will trigger respiratory issue.
Advisable actions: A Dense Smoke Advisory means smoke from a wildfire will restrict visibilities. If driving, decelerate, use your headlights, and go away loads of distance forward of you in case a sudden cease is required.
Listing of Extra Fires in Florida
This isn’t the one current hearth in Florida. On Could 22, the Florida Forest Service efficiently contained a 200-acre hearth to 100 p.c, WJHG reported. The Indian Cross hearth in Gulf County had been began by an unlawful particles burn. It was reported at 12:45 p.m. on Could 22 and was 100 p.c contained later that day, however not earlier than it had grown to 200 acres.
One other hearth is at the moment burning in Northeast Gum Swamp Street within the Osceola Nationwide Forest in Columbia County, about 70 miles west of the Yellow Bluff hearth. This 200-acre wildfire might trigger visibility within the space to deteriorate, News4Jax shared.
A second wildfire off US 17 and Yellow Bluff Street was totally contained on Could 22:
A complete of 4 energetic wildfires occurred in northeast Florida on Could 23:
A complete of 26 energetic wildfires are burning statewide in Florida, masking greater than 1,281 acres, in response to Florida Catastrophe Maps. Listed here are the most important ones:
- 10th Avenue Fireplace (energetic): 1.four acres in measurement. Situated within the Orlando space.
- Yellow Bluff (described within the part above)
- Charlotte Harbor Fireplace (energetic): 300 acres, 26.8357 latitude & -82.2147 longitude. This fireplace is on the Charlotte Harbor Protect Park, YourSun reported, and it began round 3:55 p.m. Wednesday night. It was nonetheless at 200 acres close to Placida by Thursday afternoon. Officers count on it to develop to 300 or 350 acres earlier than it’s put out. No properties or buildings are threatened.
- Indian Cross: 200 acres and 100 p.c contained
- Prideaux Fireplace: 90 acres and 100 p.c contained
- Buck Lake Fireplace (energetic): 84 acres: This can be a prescribed hearth on the Buck Lake Conservation space
- Hendrie: 42 acres and 100 p.c contained
- Florida Grade: 31 acres and 100 p.c contained
- Lake Hatchineha (energetic): 30 acres
- Ortega River: 28.30 acres and 100 p.c contained
- Goodman Hill Rd: 15 acres and 100 p.c contained
- Thick Root FIre (in response to NIFC): In Huge Cypress Nationwide Protect. This fireplace is 528 acres and 25 p.c contained, situated 30 miles east of Naples.
See a map of the fires right here.
How To Keep Up to date on the Yellow Bluff Fireplace
Need to keep up to date on the newest involving the Yellow Bluff Fireplace? A superb supply is the FFS Jacksonville Twitter web page. Right here’s a current tweet:
Jax Prepared is one other good Twitter supply with frequent updates.