Antonio Brown has been accused of sexually assaulting his former coach, in keeping with a lawsuit that was filed on Tuesday within the Southern District of Florida.
The lawsuit states that Brown sexually pressured himself onto 28-year-old Britney Taylor twice in June 2017 and once more in Might 2018. Taylor is a former collegiate gymnast that met Brown whereas the 2 attended Central Michigan.
Brown’s attorneys denied all accusations via a prolonged assertion and added: “Antonio Brown will go away no stone unturned and can aggressively defend himself, together with exercising all of his rights in countersuits.”
Brown, who lately signed with the New England Patriots, didn’t play in Week 1 of the NFL season and his standing for the foreseeable future is now in query with the lawsuit and sure NFL investigation looming.
You may learn the total lawsuit right here.
Antonio Brown Week 2 Standing: Commissioner’s Exempt Record a Risk
ESPN’s NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported that the Patriots have been caught off guard by the most recent developments involving Brown and acknowledged he could possibly be positioned on the commissioner’s exempt listing.
Listed below are extra particulars from Schefter on that chance:
The Patriots have been caught without warning, sources informed ESPN’s Adam Schefter, and the staff should determine learn how to proceed with Brown, who was scheduled for his first follow with New England on Wednesday. One chance is that Roger Goodell will place Brown on the commissioner’s exempt listing, sources stated, which might imply Brown is not going to be counted on the Patriots’ lively listing whereas the league investigates the allegations.
The Patriots launched a press release late Tuesday relating to the allegations Brown is dealing with.
“We’re conscious of the civil lawsuit that was filed earlier as we speak in opposition to Antonio Brown, in addition to the response by Antonio’s representatives. We take these allegations very critically. Certainly not does this group condone sexual violence or assault. The league has knowledgeable us that they are going to be investigating. We may have no additional remark whereas that investigation takes place.”
Whereas there may be nonetheless a lot to type out with the lawsuit Brown faces, that is what the NFL’s private conduct coverage states. Particularly, the league’s coverage on the violations the Patriots large receiver is presently accused of.
Violations involving assault, battery, home violence or sexual assault will end in a baseline six-game suspension with out pay, with extra if aggravating elements are current, corresponding to using a weapon or a criminal offense in opposition to a toddler. A second offense will end in banishment from the NFL.
It is a description of what the exempt listing is used for from the NFL Participant Personnel Coverage Handbook, through NFL.com:
The Exempt Record is a particular participant standing out there to golf equipment solely in uncommon circumstances. The Record consists of these gamers who’ve been declared by the Commissioner to be briefly exempt from counting inside the Energetic Record restrict. Solely the Commissioner has the authority to position a participant on the Exempt Record; golf equipment haven’t any such authority, and no exemption, no matter circumstances, is automated. The Commissioner additionally has the authority to find out upfront whether or not a participant’s time on the Exempt Record will probably be finite or will proceed till the Commissioner deems the exemption must be lifted and the participant returned to the Energetic Record.
Current notable gamers to be positioned on the listing embrace Kareem Hunt, Michael Vick, Adrian Peterson and Greg Hardy.
Antonio Brown Standing: Timeline of Current Occasions
It was an extended and winding street for Brown to finish up in New England and it was imagined to some extent that after the debacle in Oakland that it will be onerous for the previous All-Professional to seek out one other job within the NFL.
That was not the case, as simply hours after his launch the Patriots got here in and swept him up with a one-year contract with a $9 million signing bonus. He might reportedly earn as much as $15 million this season and the Patriots sweetened the take care of a $20 million possibility for 2020, in keeping with ESPN.
Here’s a timeline of current occasions involving Brown.
- March 13: Brown was traded from the Steelers to the Raiders for draft picks. He rapidly signed a three-year, $30.125 million extension.
- July 25: Brown reveals up for coaching camp however can’t take part as a result of he has frostbite on the underside his ft that was brought on by cryotherapy.
- July 30: Information surfaces about Brown’s downside with the NFL’s new helmet pointers, resulting in him submitting a grievance he finally loses. Studies floor that Brown would stop soccer if he doesn’t get his approach.
- Aug. 18: The Raiders high quality Brown for an surprising absence. GM Mike Mayock says Brown needs to be “all-in, or all-out” with the Raiders.
- Sept. 4: Brown will get on Instagram and speaks on the fines he obtained from the Raiders. At follow, he will get right into a heated confrontation with Mayock, allegedly calling him a “cracker.”
- Sept. 5: Studies start to floor that the Raiders are going to droop Brown for Week 1. Mayock offers a really brief assertion, saying: “I don’t have any extra data for you proper now, and when I’ve some and it turns into applicable, you guys all get it. I promise you. However that’s it for as we speak.”
- Sept. 6: Brown returns to the Raiders facility, offers a tearful apology to his teammates and all appears again on monitor for him to play in Week 1. Nevertheless, that evening Brown posts a dramatic video of his telephone name with head coach Jon Gruden.
- Sept. 7: The Raiders high quality Brown greater than $215,000 for conduct detrimental to the staff. With the transfer, ESPN reported that the Raiders voided Brown’s $29.125 million price of assured cash. Brown says there may be “no approach” he performs after dropping the ensures. Brown asks for his launch through Instagram and is shortly granted his want. Rapidly after, the Patriots signal Brown to a one-year deal price up $15 million with a $9 million signing bonus.
- Sept. 10: On the eve of his first follow with the Patriots, Brown is accused of sexually assaulting his former coach.
This story will probably be up to date as extra data turns into out there.
READ NEXT: Antonio Brown Rape Lawsuit: 5 Quick Information You Have to Know